August 31, 2008 the greatest running event on the planet, the Nike+ Human Race
As you know, on August 31, 2008 the greatest running event on the planet, the Nike+ Human Race, will take off at unimaginable speeds. Leading up to the Human Race in Austin, TX, runners can join the last Nike training run at Guero’s Taco Bar, located on South Congress, on August 26th at 7:00 p.m. Come join runners from all over the state as they participate in fitness training and fun, followed by a live music concert by Austin legend Gary Clark Jr. Throughout the state of Texas, Nike training runs have proven to bring together hundreds of runners and music enthusiasts, and the last run at Guero’s Taco Bar is sure to be the best!
NIKE+ HUMAN RACE IN AUSTIN.
Labor Day weekend don’t miss out on making history at the Nike+ Human Race, the world’s largest 10K running event, Sunday at 6:30pm. Austin has been selected as one of 25 host cities around the world and this is one event you won’t want to miss, read below for the top 10 reason why! Sign up before sell out at www.nikeplus.com!
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS RACE!
1. Be a part of history alongside thousands of runners all over the world including Los Angeles, New York, Paris, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Warsaw, Istanbul, Shanghai, Taipei, Mexico City, Sao Paolo and Vancouver.
2. Hang with Texas Exes and Beijing Olympic gold medalists Aaron Peirsol and Brendan Hansen.
3. Run with Lance Armstrong – you’ll never beat him in a bike race, but maybe in a running race.
4. LIVE concert with Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals at the finish line.
5. Give with your feet by donating to one of three charities including the Lance Armstrong Foundation, the World Wildlife Fund and the United Nations ninemillion.org campaign.
6. Show the world why Austin is the number one running city in the world.
7. Sport a historic bib number-When’s the last time you had a race number anywhere from 1 to 1 million?
8. Live music, cheering stations & plenty of water – never a dull moment during your run.
9. It’s a night race – everything is more fun at night!
10. ‘Just Do It’ for yourself.